- Eligible applicants must be enrolled in, or accepted for enrollment in, an accredited academic program located in the United States that prepares graduates to meet the VA qualification standards for employment.
- Education must lead to certification in one of the below areas granted by the Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation & Education Professionals (ACVREP).
- VIOMPSP currently offers scholarships in the following disciplines:
- Certified Visual Rehabilitation Therapist (CVRT)
- Certified Low Vision Therapist (CLVT)
- Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialists (COMS)
- Certified Assistive Technology Instructional Specialists (CATIS)
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States and pass a background investigation.
- Full-time students:
- Tuition and required fees/Maximum $15,000 per academic year/$45,000 total award
- Four (4) years to complete education
- Part-time students (current VA employees only):
- Tuition and required fees/award maximums are based on ratio of full-time attendance
- Six (6) years to complete education